One lucky student will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship from King Green. To apply, please review the qualifications and deadlines listed below.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Full-time, U.S. undergraduate student seeking a degree in Agriculture, Environmental Sciences, Biology, or related fields.
- Must maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA and provide a copy of their school transcript.
- Submit an original 1,000 – 1,500 word essay entitled “King Green Scholarship”. All submissions must be signed with the student’s full name and .edu email address.
The student must answer the following essay prompt:
For 30 years, the team members at King Green have committed themselves to providing the finest in lawn care service in the Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC markets. As a locally-owned and operated business, King Green understands the importance of stimulating the local economy and supporting the community, while upholding the highest in family and social values. With a rapid increase in consumer desire for speed and accessibility, “buy local” campaigns are more crucial than ever. From a civic, economical, and agricultural perspective, what do you believe is the importance of purchasing goods and services from locally owned sources?
Mail your official transcript and essay to:
Attn: Tabitha Coker
1631 Gibbs Dr.
Gainesville, GA 30507
Essay must be postmarked by August 1st, annually.
Winner chosen by August 15th, annually.
Disbursement awarded by September 1st, annually.
Terms and Conditions (KingGreen.com)
- The King Green Scholarship award will be submitted to the financial aid office that corresponds to the student’s primary .edu email address.
- All submissions will be judged by King Green’s scholarship team based on creativity and writing ability.
- To confirm enrollment, the winner may be asked to provide personal identification information.
- If at the time of disbursement, the applicant does not meet the eligibility requirements, King Green will withhold the award.
- King Green reserves the right to withhold disbursement in the event that no applicant meets the scholarship’s requirements for academic achievement and writing aptitude.
- King Green employees and immediate family are not eligible to apply.
We are committed to protecting our scholarship applicants’ privacy. Any personally identifiable information provided by a scholarship applicant in the context of applying for a scholarship will be kept confidential and will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected (i.e., to verify scholarship eligibility and/or to contact the applicant regarding the scholarship). We will not share, sell, rent, trade, or otherwise transfer a scholarship applicant’s personally identifiable information to third parties without the applicant’s explicit permission, and we will not use a scholarship applicant’s personally identifiable information to sell and/or advertise our products and/or services to him/her, unless otherwise specified in the scholarship guidelines. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to disclose a scholarship applicant’s personally identifiable information as required by law or as necessary to protect our rights, and we also reserve the right to modify this policy at any time with or without notice.